Foster programs are so rad. Here is how it works.
1. You go out to buy some socks or something and notice a dog pen full of adoptable doggies
2. You watch them for hours because you have nothing better to do
3. A week later you do the same exact same thing because you are moderately depressed
4. And the next as well. This time you even walk a couple of them.
5. You find out about the foster program where you get to pick out a dog of your liking and take it home for a week to see how it does in a home setting - the shelter provides everything except for food (and they even give you a coupon for the food)
6. And then you can never give it back because it’s a rescue death-row rescue puppy.
7. Everybody wins